Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Does This License Plate Make Me Look Racist?

Today I walked past a car in the parking lot. I did a doubletake when I saw the license plate, a personalized tag like this one:


How racist, I thought.

No? Why not? Where I'm from, white people have traditionally associated watermelons with African-Americans and other black people. This is racist, and it is wrong. So shouldn't the State of North Carolina end the sale of license tags with watermelons on them, based on the fact that watermelons are racist? If some have used watermelons as a symbol of racism, shouldn't they all be banned?

If not, then the Confederate flag should be left alone as well. (NC sells a Sons of Confederate Veterans tag as well; don't tell anybody.)





















No comments:

Post a Comment